Wednesday, June 04, 2008

All Aboard the Crazy Train

Game Five of the Stanley Cup goes into triple overtime. The Kimbo Slice fight goes into the third round. LOST goes into an eight month hibernation after their season four finale last Thursday.

All that in one week. Crazy. Let’s start with the Penguins.

PENGUINS

I knew it was over. I had seen this movie before. The Penguins were done. After surrendering a two goal lead, the Pens were trailing 3-2 with under one minute to go. The goalie, Marc-Andre Fleury was pulled. The season was over. Almost.

With 35 seconds remaining, the Penguins were somehow able to knock it past Red Wings goalie, Chris Osgood to tie the game and send it to overtime.



NHL playoff overtime games are nail biting. It is the golden goal concept. One goal and the game is immediately over. Usually it is not which team makes the big play, but rather, which team makes the small mistake.

The Red Wings made the mistake. Jiri Hudler was sent to the penalty box for a high stick (that’s what she said). The Penguins would score on the power play just one minute later. The Stanley Cup Finals continue.

The part that gives me chills has to be who scored the game-winning goal.

In the first overtime Petr Sykora told the on-ice reporter he would win the game. He did. Talk about calling your shot.



Game Six is tonight at Pittsburgh. Win or lose, I will always remember Game Five.

KIMBO SLICE

It doesn’t matter if you are a fan of Kimbo Slice or not, his fight against James Thompson on CBS last Saturday night was pretty damn entertaining. I was glad to see Kimbo survive it even though I thought the referee stopped the fight too soon.

My favorite part, besides the Kimbo win, was having Gus Johnson on the call. I am convinced that man can do it all. He was absolutely awesome, that’s the only way to describe it.

Fair warning. This video is not for the light of heart.



I honestly think Kimbo would be better suited to go the boxing route, and it will be interesting to see if he finally decides to do it. I am willing to bet it will take two losses in MMA for him to pull the trigger.

LOST SEASON FOUR FINALE

It is getting scary. Expectations are being met. The bar is continually being met, raised and then met once again. LOST continues to amaze me.

The Season Four finale was a great episode. Even though - I am going to come off a little bit cocky - I was able to predict just about everything that took place, it still left me in a state of wonder.

LOST finales need to take some time to sink in. Time to fully understand and grasp what just took place. LOST does not return until February of 2009, which is a long eight months from now. The finales are the last piece of thread we can hold onto during its’ hibernation.

What is in store for Season Five? Great question. I do know that every season premiere has introduced us to a new and important character. Season One - Jack. Season Two - Desmond. Season Three - Juliet. Season Four - The Freighter People. It is very possible that Season Five will follow suit. But who really knows??

This is a great video I found of alternate endings to Season Four. They were shot to throw off spoilers from possibly taking place. I thought they were pretty cool.



Recently I composed a list of my favorite television shows. LOST was number one. After that finale, the cementing process has begun.

FAVORITE VIDEO OF THE WEEK

I knew this had to be out there somewhere, and I found it. Enjoy.



What a great video. The last clip with Stanley, which just might be my favorite one, is actually a deleted scene.

I wish I could put up some longer posts, but with school winding down it is just not possible. Expect more of the same for next week.

Until next time, “read it, roll it, hole it.”

No comments: