Sunday, August 24, 2008

How About Some Arrested Development?

This was supposed to be my Cleveland Browns vs. Detroit Lions recap. Things change. I was not made aware of the early start time for the Browns third preseason game, and ergo, missed the game. From the articles I have read and the few highlights I have watched it was a good thing I did miss it. Here's why.

- The Browns scored six points on two Phil Dawson field goals. It looked like Notre Dame's offense from last year.

- Brady Quinn never got comfortable. He did complete 14-of-24 passes, but did not complete a pass for more than 16 yards. Being a huge Brady fan, I am okay with those numbers. He did not move the offense consistently, but he also did not turn the ball over. You have to remember, this is the first time Brady has played with and against the number one squads. He showed composure and maturity with how he handled the game and the media afterwards who bashed him for not playing better. Get used to it Brady, this same media bashed Peyton Manning for his entire career until he won the Super Bowl.

- Shaun Rogers looked impressive. He was in the middle clogging up holes and looking like the type of player Phil Savage imagined when he traded for him in the off-season.

- I'm going to hold off judgments and predictions for this Browns team until they have finished their preseason against the Bears on Thursday night.

So, to make up for my mistake I am giving everyone a gift.

Last Winter Quarter I took a Youth and Sports class at Ohio University. Luckily, Matt Barnes was also in the class, so to pass the time, we compiled a list of our 50 favorite television shows. My top five (in order) were: LOST, Seinfeld, The Office, Arrested Development, and The Wonder Years. When I unveiled the list I was surprised how few had ever watched Arrested Development.

I had first heard of this show that was on FOX from 2003-2006 from Joe Barrett. He knew how much I loved Seinfeld and told me that Arrested Development was like Seinfeld only with cuss words. I was intrigued but never got around to watching it. Then Devin Frank stepped in last year and said he had all three seasons on DVD. We watched the first two seasons and I fell in love. Well first I almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. It's that good.

Here is the very first episode. Do yourself a favor and spend twenty minutes watching it. Any one with a sense of humor and a pulse will love it.



My favorite characters are Tobias and Gob, but Buster has several great moments as well. I am in the process of watching the first two seasons again, before I head to the final third season which only had 13 episodes. If you go to www.hulu.com you can watch every episode.

Well, sorry for no Browns, but at least you got Arrested Development instead. Tomorrow I have to travel to Athens so expect my Copperhead story either very late tomorrow night or even early Tuesday morning.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

No comments: