Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Look, New Attitude for K.O.A.

Again I have failed you. Two months ago I promised at least one post per week. In the last two months, I have made exactly one post. Horrible. Awful. Disgusting, and any other negative adjective you can think of.

There were reasons for this delay don't get me wrong. I wrote numerous articles for the Southern Ohio Copperheads this summer. One of those stories - a feature on Jared Humphreys - even was sent in as a special to the Jackson, OH newspaper. I was also taking three summer classes, still taking two, and had to allot necessary time to those. Excuses aside, I should have posted something.

My main problem is that I spend a lot of time on some of these blogs. I tend to write too much. I take a simple 700 word topic and stretch it into a 3000 word essay. That's no good. At least for one post a week, it just wouldn't work. And it didn't.

Well, as the title says, we have a new look and a new attitude. The sidebar to the left has many different things to take a look at, and I will try to update those when needed. Instead of writing massive columns, I will try to write several shorter pieces. The idea, similar to weightlifting, is more reps and less weight. For a long time now I have been trying to lift too much weight, and only doing one or two reps a month. I'm not making any promises, but this will be updated a lot more. Maybe it's just a funny video I found, or a quick blurb about a sports topic. I have discovered that one gains readership when they make regular posts. People will come back to see new posts. For example, Matt Barnes recently made a post for two straight weeks and even though it was nothing exciting, I found myself checking his blog every single day. I'm going to try to follow that line of thinking. More content = a better blog. I don't know why it took me this long to figure that out. In my defense, it took the Browns nearly a decade to figure out the key to a successful offense starts with the offensive line.

What can you expect in the near future? Well, I have also found that I get more accomplished if I set myself a personal schedule. So, I will be posting my blog schedule on here as often as I can. It will let you know what to expect from the King of Arguments.

Sunday Aug. 24th - Cleveland Browns vs. Detroit Lions Recap
Monday Aug. 25th - My Summer with the Copperheads
Friday Aug. 29th - *** NFL Pick 'Em Preseason Edition ***
Saturday Aug. 30th - Letter to Max: My College Football Top Ten
Sunday Aug. 31st - Cleveland Browns vs. Chicago Bears Recap
Monday Sept. 1st - NFL Rankings and Predictions

I know it's a tall order, but I'm up to it. My online classes will be done on the 28th and that will give me a lot more time.

The big thing coming up for K.O.A is our 2nd annual NFL ATS Pick 'Em. We have doubled our membership from last year and have big things in store. There will be a once a week column, with multiple contributors.

And if there is no new content, check out the sidebar, as it should automatically update everyday. Take a second and vote in my new poll, play a quick game of Hangman (tough words), laugh at The Office quote or check out a LOST video. All of those - and much more - is offered on that sidebar.

Also, I will be looking to update my header as much as possible. The spot where it says currently, "Where the name 'Bob Wickman' is held in reverence." It's a clear and blatant rip off of ESPN's Page Two, but so be it. The more ideas the better.

You can leave those ideas in my comment section. Not going to lie, I need comments. It lets me know that people are reading it. Hate it, love it, whatever, leave me a little something. I have spent too many nights crying myself to sleep because I haven't had a comment in about half a decade.

Okay, so now you have an idea of where K.O.A is going down the road. I'm excited and you should be too. In honor of the current Olympics, until next time, "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time ... Cool Runnings."

Peace Be The Journey

2 comments:

Matt said...

I'd say "screw you" for the comment but it was a backhanded compliment and well, I'll take that any time from you.

The Great Entertainer said...

What's up Luke always good stuff on the blog...

I think some breakdowns of your favorite music would be fun to see.. that's just something if you are looking for ideas! Hit me up about the USC game.