Monday, December 19, 2011

KOA's 100 Films: Top Fifteen Trailers

By: Luke Florence
As soon as I finish one list I start another one, only this next one won't take six months to complete, although it did take that long to gather all the necessary information.

Now that I have posted more than 100 movie trailers over the last 24+ weeks it's time to rank the top fifteen. Granted, these probably aren't my favorite trailers of all-time, but they certainly are ones I always enjoy.

Before we get to the finalized list, I have to rank the last batch of trailers from my top-ten movies.

10) Love Actually

9) Gladiator

8) Rudy

7) Cool Runnings

6) 500 Days of Summer

5) Contact

4) Little Miss Sunshine

3) The Shawshank Redemption

2) As Good As It Gets

1) Inception

With that out of the way, we now have our finalized list of qualified candidates for the top fifteen. They are, in no particular order: Twister, Milk, Mission:Impossible, 12 Angry Men, The Terminal, The Town, The Departed, Inside Man, The Patriot, The Fighter, American History X, Superbad, Up, The Wrestler, Blood Diamond, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Old School, Mystic River, Ali, Signs, The Sixth Sense, Stranger Than Fiction, Apocalypto, The Truman Show, Crazy Heart, Gone Baby Gone, The Dark Knight, The Shawshank Redemption, As Good As It Gets, and Inception.

Instead of posting fifteen videos on one post, I'll share a link to the first twelve and then put the top three here for your viewing entertainment. I've learned a little in my previous blogging experiences, and a good rule of thumb is "less is more" when it comes to videos.

Here we go.













3) The Truman Show


2) The Dark Knight


1) Inception


No surprise here that Christopher Nolan has the top two trailers because I can't remember being any more excited for a film's release than I was for The Dark Knight and Inception, which is the best way to determine a trailer's effectiveness. It really doesn't matter to me if I understand the plot after watching the trailer, what's important is if it's grabbed my attention, held it, and left me wanting more. Inception, The Dark Knight and The Truman Show accomplished that feat better than all the others.

Well, if Barnes ever fixes his computer and manages to finish his list I'll be back to recap his 100 movies, but if not, then consider the book closed on my 100 favorite films. Up next will be a series of posts titled, "2011: Year of The Pursuit of Happiness." I will also hand out my own Oscar Awards (still searching for a good name) before the year ends.

I'm also in the ongoing process of altering the Top 100 Movies on the right sidebar. Instead of the links going to the respective Amazon.com movie page, it will direct you to the post where I wrote about that film. Should make navigating a little bit easier in case there's a specific movie you want to read my thoughts on.

Until then, thank-you for coming with me on this ridiculous escapade the past several months. This movie list not only resurrected my blog, it resurrected my writing, which makes it the most important thing I've ever done here. Thanks.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

No comments: