Thursday, October 23, 2008

Skywalker's Favorite October Videos

Did not have the time or a great idea for a mid-week column, so instead I decided to post some of my favorite videos from the greatest month of 'em all, October.

Let's get right into it.

LOST doesn't make it's highly anticipated return until late January, but filming has been going on since August. Here is the very first official trailer for season five including some actual clips.



When I first saw this I became, for the lack of a better term, really excited. Probably as excited as I was on the day when Brady Quinn got drafted. Which leads flawlessly into the next video. Got to love transitions.

I am not a big FOX News fan. In fact, most of the stuff they report on is utter garbage, especially with their motto being "fair and balanced." The crazy stuff is that there are people out there who rely on FOX News for all of their information, and take it on face value. It's not as much crazy as just downright scary.

Nonetheless, one of the best things that network has ever done involved Brady Quinn. This interview takes place just before draft day back in April of 2007. Make sure you check out his pass at the end.



What a perfect pass! The guy didn't even move an inch and the ball hit him straight in the chest. I was so fired up the first time I saw this clip. Even though the present looks ugly for the Cleveland Browns, the future, looks unquestionably bright.

Some of my readers have been a bit confused by my "where we chop all of our action, and mostly power" currently on top of the page. Well, it comes from my favorite show on television right now. Yes, I said favorite RIGHT NOW, which will put it above The Office. Sorry, but this show is almost perfect. Yes, these clips are going to be out of context, but worth checking out. It's the funniest show I've ever watched.



That was Charlie Pace, and he is my favorite character by far. The next clip is a continuation of the first. Mac and Charlie battle each other over the Bible's message.



Here is the infamous "chopping action" clip. The first clip sets the table, and then the second delivers the golden line. The gang is involved in a dance marathon, with the winner getting ownership of their bar.





Now Charlie sings his "Night Man" song.



Which led him to write his even better "Day Man" song.



One of my favorite episodes is where The Gang as they are called, have to do community service and coach two youth basketball teams. Here they pick teams.



This show was created with me in mind, I must admit. It's damn near perfect. If LOST has a bad season, It's Always Sunny could pass it. Now I doubt that will happen, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Okay, moving on. There's no question about my loyalty to Bill Simmons. He is one of the people who inspired me to pursue a career in writing. He has a podcast, which one can listen to over on my sidebar, and here is its' introduction song, which was created by Ronald Jenkees, who is nothing short of amazing.



He is certainly one of a kind, and here is his latest remix.



Switching gears completely, some of you may remember my Skywalker's Top 40 list from two years ago. Number two was Andre Agassi, and my favorite Agassi moment took place when he won the Cincinnati Masters which was the first professional tennis event I attended. Here are some highlights from the semi-final night match between Andre and Andy Roddick.



It was high quality tennis from the onset (the very first highlight is the very first point) and it was a moment I will never forget. Also, Kwame and I developed a quasi-relationship with MaliVai Washington (who was the color commentator) during the tourney and I asked him who he thought was going to win this match. He replied, "Roddick in three." I told him to prepare for the upset. Luke 1, MaliVai 0.

Yes the Browns are going nowhere this season, and won't be heading in a positive direction until some serious changes are made. In spite of these dark times, let me take everyone back to the days of William Green.



After that game the Browns were 9-7 and lucked into the playoffs when Chad Pennington and the New York Jets torched the Green Bay Packers. I was a huge Green fan, and his jersey was the very first one I ever bought. God help me.

And finally, I leave you with the greatest baseball managerial rant ever recorded. His name is Earl Weaver. WARNING, the language is uncensored.



The "your crew is here for one reason" line is awesome. Also, Eddie Murray looks good in the supporting role as well.

Okay, that's enough from me, hope you enjoy these clips. King of Arguments will be back on Sunday afternoon with our week eight picks. Stay safe everyone.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

2 comments:

Kevin Hunt said...

Loved the post. On an extremely pathetic note...

I'm watching the William Green clip... immediately the hair on my arms sticks up and I get a chill down my back... then I have to fight back tearing up, thinking about the Browns in the playoffs... Chad Pennington... and the goal line stand during that Falcons game.

How utterly pathetic.

Matt said...

What's hilarious about the Quinn video is that he's all business, saying "It's all the EAS".

Oh, and love the irony of that he could be the #1 pick and that the Giants and Jets are too far down to draft him. Oh Brady...

And can you please get rid of the word verification thing on the comments!