Saturday, August 20, 2011

KOA's 100 Films: 50-41 Saturday Trailers

By: Luke Florence

I had zero idea what my favorite trailers were going to be when I decided to rank them every week. There are only one or two trailers I can remember being very excited to see and the rest I had no clue if they would be any good. Just because I liked the movie doesn't correlate to my appreciation of the trailer.

So even though I really enjoy this batch of films, I can honestly say it's the worst bunch of trailers I've posted to date. Movies like Requiem For A Dream and Memento are unequivocally the two most disappointing trailers I've posted for they are too powerful and too emotionally gripping to have such sub-standard trailers promoting their work.

Having said that, I hope you enjoy these set of eleven trailers more so than I.

Enjoy.



#11 - Renaissance Man


#10 - Requiem For A Dream


#9 - Billy Madison


#8 - Memento


#7 - Happy Gilmore


#6 - Aladdin


#5 - October Sky


#4 - Dead Poets Society


#3 - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


#2 - Old School


#1 - Mystic River


60 trailers down, 40 to go. At this point I really hope we are left with some outstanding trailers, because my list is in sore need of them.

I'll be back before Monday with my reaction to Matt Barnes' most recent post.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

No comments: