Monday, January 04, 2010

2009 NFL ATS Pick 'Em: Week Fifteen QOTW

By: Luke Florence

Week fifteen was the third consecutive week we missed out on a regular season column. It was the last week the Indianapolis Colts were victorious and saw the Cleveland Browns begin an actual winning streak. With our league, week fifteen marked the beginning of the Brian Boesch vs. Kevin Hunt match-up for the Gus Johnson Award.

TOP TEN WEEK FIFTEEN QUOTES
10) "The Lions have a promotion called the “Kids TD Run.” All kids ages 5-14 get to “score a touchdown on the field following the game.” The Lions’ defense, without a doubt, is on the field when this happens. Heck, they’re probably in pads. Too bad there will be more fans at the 34th-ranked bowl game this year than there will be at this game." - Brian Boesch.

9) "Players aren’t playing inspired football. Tom Brady is missing practice because of his kid. Bill Belichick is going on Mike and Mike in the Morning. The dynasty is over." - Brian Boesch.

8) "Andy Reid has to be worried that his near twin Mike Holmgren will be taking another prominent role in the league again with Cleveland. It'd be like the "time to make the doughnuts" guy being confronted by a Krispy Kreme man. And that's what that's all about." - Kevin Hunt.

7) “Our best friend Doug is probably face down in a ditch right now with a meth head butt-f**king his corpse”…Alan, “That’s highly unlikely.” Kind of like the Raiders’ chance in this one. The Hangover DVD release day was one of the best of 2009." - Brian Boesch.

6) "I like nothing about this pick or my life this weekend. Possibly falling out of ATS contention, likely losing some close and high-scoring fantasy matchups, then the always-enlightening Christmas present wrapping. Having said that, I'm taking the Patriots." - Kevin Hunt.

5) "I have even more reason to root against The Sanchize. He’s a possible At-Large Candidate in the F’d Up Tourney. If he gets in and I don’t, I may go insane." - Brian Boesch.

4) "I was getting set up for a basketball game a week ago, and I got there during the freshmen game. The scoreboard said 28-0 at halftime. I asked a parent why the scoreboard was broken. She said it wasn’t. I immediately made the connection between the team with 0 points and the Rams. Thus, I cheered when this team scored its first basket…with 5 minutes left in the third quarter." - Brian Boesch.

3) "I feel like Kurt Warner doesn't pray enough for the city of Detroit. It will bite him in this game." - Kevin Hunt.

2) "Gus Johnson game of the week. Line is too large for a game called by Gus. I may even record this game for you, considering Charlie Frye will be playing. I can hear it now... 'Frye... let's it GO... AND IT'S CAUGHT!! HEYWARD-BEY!! 10.. 5... TOUCHDOWN!! FRYE'S GOT SUCKER-PUNCHING YOUR ASSISTANT COACH POWER IN THAT ARM!!'" - Kevin Hunt.

1) "I’m backing Tony Romo against an undefeated team in December. Either this is the reason I’m doing worse than the Raiders or Christmas is the time for miracles after all." - Brian Boesch.

Just two weeks left. Week sixteen is on the way.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

No comments: