Thursday, November 26, 2009

2009 NFL ATS Pick 'Em: Week Eleven - Eric Hug

By: Luke Florence
Indianapolis (-0.5) @ Baltimore
I know Baltimore is at home and Ray Lew is probably going to kill a few people, but these Colts are pretty good.

San Francisco @ Green Bay (-6.5)
When I think of Green Bay, I think of a local bar near me called Sam's. It's full of Packers gear all over its walls. When I think of the Packers I think of yellow and green. When I think of yellow and green I think of John Deere. When I think of John Deere I think of the tractors I have grown up seeing near Sam's. You see its all circular.

Buffalo @ Jacksonville (-8.5)
Dick Jauron is gone. I wonder what the o/u is on NFL coaches getting the boot this season? I will put the number at 5.

Atlanta @ New York Giants (-6.5)
It is hard to trust either of these teams from week to week, so I will go with the team that had the better end zone dance of the past. That dance is of course the Dirty Bird.

New Orleans (-11.5) @ Tampa Bay
Something just tells me that the Saints will light the world on fire this week. Their antics of not covering the spread lately is really throwing my game off, but I will stick with them.

Cleveland @ Detroit (-3.5)
I wonder how many people are taking Detroit in their survivor pick-em leagues this week. Some sign ideas for this game: "I thought those blackouts were strictly metaphorical terms." "I drove all the way from across the street to go to this game." "Is the six-legged turkey a bird or a combination of these teams' quarterbacks?" "I finally understand why Luke wants us to send our prayers to Brady Quinn."

Washington @ Dallas (-11.5)
Romo. Homo. Schmomo.

Seattle @ Minnesota (-10.5)
A big Wag of the Finger to Matt Hasselback for not one, but two interceptions late in the game against the Cardinals. Another wag for the whole team for going up and early and then letting Arizona blow right past them. Coincidentally, the last three weeks I have seen a four o'clock game on my tv screen (at some point) become my Wag of the Finger pick the very next week. I guess I should just grow to expect this by now.

Arizona (-8.5) @ St. Louis
I like the heart in the St. Louis players. They are a team that just keeps improving every week, but Arizona is tough too. Which team from each squad shows up this week?

New York Jets @ New England (-10.5)
One of the single greatest moments in my life was watching that 4th & 2 come up short for the Patriots and Billy B. Yes, I have seen all the stats that show the percentages showing going for it was right and everything but I just could not be happier to see that happen to the Patriots. Because of this though, I think Belicheck will want to come back and score 87 points on whoever is in their path.

San Diego (-2.5) @ Denver
I keep picking against SD, and they burn me, so let's see if they do it in reverse.

Cincinnati (-9.5) @ Oakland
See ya J-Fat. Maybe someday, but not this weekend. Just show up Oakland, that's all we really want to see.

Philadelphia (-2.5) @ Chicago
Jay Cutler is easily becoming a hated man for me. The Eagles have really been playing poor lately though. Something has to give.

Tennessee @ Houston (-5.5)
The march to 10-6 continues on Monday night.

Huggy Bear has found himself a nice routine the past couple of weeks. One, he always has a Tip of The Hat and Wave Of The Finger comment, which warms my heart. Two, he makes comments for every game, even if it's a simple statement. And three, he is picking winners. Not a bad routine at all.

Well, that wraps up the week 11 columns. Tomorrow we will post the week 11 QOTW and all the other award standings will be updated. Then, hopefully, we will be ready to go full speed ahead into week 12 and down the stretch of this 2009 NFL year.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

No comments: