Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2009 NFL ATS Pick 'Em: Week Nine QOTW

By: Luke Florence

There was very little questioning - almost none whatsoever - that week nine was the most difficult in terms of picking a Quote Of The Week winner. Across the board there has never been a more a top heavy slew of quotes to choose from. We saw a rebuttal haiku, karate lessons, Anchorman quotes, and much more.

The hard part for you guys is over. You came up with the well-crafted material, and now you can sit back, knock your shoes off, and enjoy the Week Nine Quotes Of The Week.

TOP TEN WEEK NINE QUOTES
10-tie) “Ochocinco sent the Ravens deodorant ... now Ray Lewis has something to cover the scent of the dead bodies he's about to leave in his wake.” - Jamie Reamer.

10-tie) “'Brick, you killed a guy' - Yeah, Ray Lewis, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safe-house or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.” - Matt Barnes.

9) “Headline in the Cincinnati Enquirer regarding tomorrow's Bengals game: "Ravens' Lewis vows he won't dial back." So I'm not sure what that means, if maybe he's been dialed back in the past? All I'm saying is that I don't think heavy artillery is out of the question this week.” - Nick Lay.

8) “Another Bucs QB will get a first start. And unfortunately for TB, it's not Jeff Garcia. Or Trent Dilfer. Or Steve Young. Or Brad Johnson. Or Steve Spurrier. Or Jim Zorn. No, I made none of those up.” - Kevin Hunt.

7) “Both these teams are like Cole Hamels...they just want this season to be over already. I'd rather fight for a fumble at the bottom of a pile with Brandon Spikes than watch this game.” - Jamie Reamer.

6) “Michael Crabtree's impact could set a precedent for long-term holdouts instantly becoming good fantasy players. I'm already making Dez Bryant one of my top-three picks next year.” - Jeff Schaffer.

5) “Eli puts on a Chargers jersey, but only Jeff Fisher thinks it is funny.” - Jeff Normand.

4) “So Hunt wants in too. He does have a hot sister. Nick Lay is a gay.” - Jamie Reamer.

3) “In a game with five interceptions, Jake Delhomme didn't throw one. If he out-plays Drew Brees this week I have no doubt that my head will explode.” - Jeff Schaffer.

2) “I tried to do karate when I was younger. Well, after a few weeks of really easy stuff, I went into a class with a few black belters and they showed me what I would eventually have to learn. Guess what? I quit. Well, Jake Delhomme is me, and Drew Brees is one of those black belters. I hope he reads this.” - Brian Boesch.

1) “Way to go Browns. "You woke up the Bears". Apparently, they could also smell the menstruation coming from Eric Mangini.” - Matt Barnes.

Congratulations to Matt Barnes for earning his second Quote Of The Week winner. It was a tight race between him and Boesch for the top spot, but ultimately, the thought of menstruation coming from Eric Mangini earned Barnes the victory.

The podcast with Luke Polito took place last night and it went very well. We are going to put the finishing touches on it this evening and it should hit this blog before the day is done.

Until next time, "read it, roll it, hole it."

No comments: